Practical Oil Sands Core Logging Workshop (one day or two days):
Day 1: Comprehensive Introduction and Some Practices.
Day 2: More practices focusing on core description.
Students can choose one day or two days.
Instructor: Dr. Greg Hu, CEO of Loring Tarcore Labs.
|One day: $675 + 5% GST; Two days: $975.00 + %5 GST.||Loring Tarcore Labs Ltd., 6835 – 8 St NE, Calgary.|
|The fees include lunch, materials, use of computer and core logging software. Students who are hired by us after training will receive 100% reimbursement of the workshop fees. There might be some core logging geologist positions open starting December, 2015. Please note that taking the workshops does not guarantee hiring for the positions.||The workshops emphasize a “hands-on” and “practical” approach to core logging. Any one will find it informative, inspiring, and practical: whether you are a geological advisor, project geologist, or newly-graduated students who is looking for oil sands experience.|
- Common depth markers: marker types and their core and log expressions
- Principles of core depth correction
- Common oil sands facies and their core and log signatures
- Identification of common ichnofossils on core and their significance in facies interpretation
- Wabiskaw-McMurray stratigraphy and their depositional model evolution
- Common core sample types for lab analysis and general sample selection guidelines
- Core depth correction: core-based vs image-based with software assistance
- Oil Sands Laboratory tour
About the instructor: Dr. Greg Hu is a co-founder and CEO of Loring Tarcore Labs. As an oil sands veteran with extensive experience in core logging, especially oil sands core, he created and holds a patent for DIGITAL CORE WORKLFOW METHOD USING DIGITAL CORE IMAGES. Based on this patent, he designed a digital core image based core logging software (Tarcore Technology). This software is integrated into the lab process to ensure a highly efficient lab workflow for large-volume core handling and testing.
For more information, please email email@example.com or call 403-874-4588.